Friday, May 6, 2011

Serious Gardening and Maynard The Gecko

This morning began with a trip to HD to purchase shrubs and  plants for some serious gardening.  With Abe's help we dug up tree stumps, weeded and removed ugly shrubs.  And now we have added tried and true favorites: hibiscus, vincas, orleander, wandering Jews (like us!).  We prepared for planting for 2 hours, I ran off to the gym and Abe to the library and the afternoon was spent  planting, fertilizing  and mulching.  Good exercise and hard work!  When it was over I sat on our cedar bench out front with a glass of wine.  I brought Maynard our fat tailed gecko out to sit in the sun.  What a nice day working in the garden with Abe.  Tonight a young couple drove by on their motor bike and asked if this was our home.  When I answered it was the young woman said .."I've never seen anything like it."  Of course I invited Courtney and Matt in.  Only in Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment