Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lindsey Gets an MSSW from UT

It's graduation week-end at UT.  This fine university handles graduations in the most relaxed way.  People wear casual clothes, there is lots of hootin' and hollerin' and so many diverse nationalities and ethnic groups receiving degrees and represented.  Today was so special for me and Abe.  I received my MSW from Adelphi in 1972 and Abe received his MSW from Columbia in 1979.  Today we watched BSWs and MSSWs and DSWs receive their degrees.  We came to watch Lindsey Lucius, Liz's great friend, receive her degree.  We felt so proud and did our own hootin' and hollerin'.  We just loved the speeches made by students and faculty.  It reminded us so of why we did what we did for 30+ years.

I took it so seriously when President Kennedy at his inaugural speech asked what I could do for my country.  I was 12 y.o. and that pivotal moment framed my life.  It spurred me on.  Abe and I were delighted to be reminded today why we became social workers.  Mazel Tov to you Lindsey.  You make us proud!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. I am quite certain Lindsey just loved this!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete