Thursday, February 9, 2012

Identity Crisis

I have spent 55+ years (since I got permanent teeth) with a space between my two front teeth.  Long before the most beautiful Lauren Hutton (I NEVER looked like her or had her long skinny legs) I always liked my imperfect smile.  And it's always been such a big smile.  Goes with my personality I thought and it made me feel unique and real.  Well......a while ago I bumped my front tooth on a coffee mug and loosened it.  It's been waiting for that traumatic event I believe.  And today I spent three hours on Dr. David Jones' magical dental chair and walked out gapless.  Can you imagine?  I've always worried about what would happen when that might occur,  Bless him, bless modern technology.  When I return to NYC next month my friends will see a "no space Addie."  It goes with my new Austin Addie profile I'll say.  Thanks Dr. Jones for your extraordinary skill and your great personality.  So reassuring.

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine you without the gap, but I'm excited to see what you look like! I probably won't even recognize you (jk).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'll need new headshots oh talented daughter.

      Delete