Monday, February 6, 2012

AUSTIN FILM MEET

Went to their monthly mixer at Stompin Grounds Lounge on S. Congress.  Fine group of people involved in all different aspects of the film and game and performance industry.  People take the mic for 90 seconds and introduce themselves, talk about their projects, their aspirations, their availability.  And when a young man got up and talked about a sitcom he was writing and planning to produce about a 70y.o. grandmother I had my moment!  "Here I am, 63, Bronx born, Brooklyn raised, and here's my headshot and resume."  Even if nothing happens that wouldn't have happened if I did not leave my comfort zone and give it a try.

Also saw Teo there.  A woman I met waiting on line at Austin Film Festival.  Mother of a young actor, but more importantly one of the most interesting women to ever post on facebook.  She talks about intelligent subjects.

And now to watch SMASH.  My friend, Revathe Sundaram's daughter is a writer for the show.  Her Mama, a pediatric hematologist is mighty proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment