Friday, February 17, 2012

Georgia Bramhall @ Honeycomb

Before I left Brooklyn I was REALLY nervous about giving up some things.  Like DDS, M.D.  and a hair person.  I was moving to a straight blonde hair world and I have thick curly hair that hasn't been straightened since I was 20 years old!   And it needs to be colored as well so I don't look like a thick grey mop (just not ready for that.)  So the same way I searched for a house before arriving (I looked at 157 houses) I researched hair.  And was I lucky.  Georgia Bramhall is a genius with curly hair: smart,  warm, cultured, hard working, independent,  and real.  Can you tell how much I admire her?  And I just recently learned her Dad was the very famous Austin musician, Doyle Bramhall who was remembered at the Grammys this year.

And while I was there today I met Shawn Nelson, a curly haired musician who gave me his latest cd, "sanjuanstreet".  It's great country music.  Now would this happen in Brooklyn?  I don't think so.

What can I say?  Another reason I love Austin is Georgia!  She has her own salon HONEYCOMB at the 501 Studios.  Go visit her.  She is great!  If you don't visit, send your friends.  It's a great referral.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are SO lucky to have found Georgia!! I too have thick blonde curly hair! I love what she does for my hair AND I love her!!! <3

    ReplyDelete