Friday, February 10, 2012

How We Do Valentine Stuff

We please each other by doing what the other person loves which means not on Valentine's Day when everything is crowded and predictable and just too schmaltzy.  So today Abe up-rooted a dead bottlebrush tree (it took an hour with my help) and then we planted a Texas Mountain Laurel that already had a purple bloom. And tomorrow he'll dig holes for the three shrubs I bought at Home Depot (Indian Hawthorne and Weaver's Wheel).  I shopped for the garden myself (always a pleasure) and then he shares the work.

Tonight we'll see Natalie Cole at the Long Center so that Abe can hear her sing her father's hit UNFORGETTABLE.  He loves that song and so I was delighted to get him those tickets.

And on February 14th we'll be at the Alamo  seeing the last in the AFS series  THAT OBSCURE OBJECT OF DESIRE and I won't cook, we'll eat there.  And that is my idea of a perfect way of honoring a marriage of 29 years and riding a journey with a person you admire, love, and respect.   And fight with too.

No comments:

Post a Comment