Friday, August 12, 2011

Students of the World

For two summers Elizabeth traveled as a UT student with a group of UT students to document global issues for this non-profit organization.  First Thailand and Cambodia to make a film about a woman who runs a school that protects children from  trafficking.  The next summer she went to Paraguay where she used her skills as a photographer to document a farm where teens from the countryside learned sustainable farming and marketing of their produce.  When people asked me if I was afraid for her safety I let my pride  help me put my fears aside.  Abe fully supported her  work with SOW and her travels and shared my pride.  I can't endorse this program enough.  The Students of the World summit is here in Austin this week-end.  There's been a flurry of activity for fund raising and promoting this amazing program.  AFS hosted a doc- in- progress at their studios.  The students from the universities that are alumni of SOW have gone on to do amazing things with their lives, to benefit the world and document their activities.  Check out the Students of the World website...you won't be disappointed.

Students of the World - Home

No comments:

Post a Comment