Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake in D.C.

I walked home in 105 degree heat counting my steps and singing!  I'm a walker when Abe has the car.  I left Dougherty Arts Center where I had a rehearsal and walked to Lovely where I bought a new summer dress for FREE. It's a vintage consignment store that credits me for clothing I recycle (Liz taught me there is enough clothes in the world and you don't need to buy new).  I listened and though I was hot I was happy.

The first news item I saw on my computer was an earthquake hit D.C. and here I am in Austin!  I can't get through on Josh's cellphone but I notice Capital Bikehare has posted about their bikes.  So I post a note "call home".  His name is Moskowitz and mine is Alexander so he won't be embarrassed at work.  (I hope).  Liz, take note.  Don't change your last name so you can communicate to kids without embarrassment.

1 comment:

  1. It is scary, right? When I got a call, am I okay, I had been working, not listening to the news and had no idea.

    Wow is right!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete