Friday, August 19, 2011

Stav Heads East

Tonight we had our last Shabat dinner together before Stav heads off to Rutgers for graduate school.  I love these 3 girls (young women)...Stav, Lindsey and my girl Elizabeth.  They've been together for 5 years now since living together at the Pearl St co-op and attending UT classes together.  When Liz was in Hong Kong Stav and Lindsey would come for Friday night dinner periodically and remind me of their closesness to Liz.  I have watched Stav blossom into a beautiful young woman who is much more confident and less shy than when we first met.  She is so smart and level headed and a pleasure to be with.  Her views about the world and what's important in life are commendable.  She's off to study American Studies at Rutgers in Newark, New Jersey and I just know the world will be better for it.  We ate lasagne, salad and home baked peanut butter cookies.  Once again I loved cooking for people I love.  Night y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment