Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fashion in Austin??????

Every year I laugh at the oxymoron of Fashion Week in Austin.  I did love the graphic posters that advertised the week for months now.  But the hoopla always felt like NY wannabe and for me misses the mark about the uniqueness of Austin style.  EXCEPT for tonight when LOVELY, the fabulous vintage consignment shop on S lst had an outdoor  runway fashion show  of Anslee Connell's designs, all plus sized clothing, all plus sized models and many beautiful plus sized women in attendance.  There was donated food that was pretty awesome, black bean chips, salsas and some great pie.  Drinks (carrot juice and vodka) and natural iced tea.  Sure it was hot as hell (69th day of 100+) but these fashions were so upbeat, bright and sexy and the shoes, hair and make-up!!!!  Everyone who knows me knows I hit the gym every day to keep me fit (can't help aging but being fit helps.)  And tonight I watched women feeling good about themselves in the very supportive atmosphere of the Lovely Boutique and I felt so fortunate to be there with these women.  Izzy Cox provided great entertainment singing and strumming...she's a hoot!  Danielle and Jane you are a class act and this was a classy night!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was so much fun, Addie. I am certain Lovely appreciates your wonderful endorsement!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addie you are just the best!!! Thank you so much for all of your love and support. We <3 you.

    ReplyDelete