Sunday, August 28, 2011

AUDITION

Today I auditioned for a live theater performance.  Everything I've learned in acting classes was ignored by the director and kept me careful and confident.  The play seems lovely (everything will remain obscure because I am committed to no bad mouthing except for Rick Perry).  I felt badly for the playwright who was present.  The director gave me sides to read and then proceeded to talk, talk, talk.  I excused myself so I could study the part.  I was then coupled with a Brit to read who spoke like a leprechaun when his character spoke in voices.  He also mimed his actions which is something I've been taught NEVER to do.  I remembered and relied on  my teachers' instructions about not over acting, felt comfortable about sticking to what I know to be true and was happy for the experience.  And I do not think I would work with this director if chosen. You need to feel proud about your work.  On a happier note, I was cast in the UT film I auditioned for last night.  My pleasure!

1 comment: