Saturday, August 27, 2011

IRENE

School's back on and the students are back to making films.  I just got back from an audition at the communications bldg.  While it was fun and energizing I can't get this damned hurricane off my own radar.  I came home to  photos of a desolate NYC on the internet.  SHUT DOWN.  In all the 60 years I lived in NYC the transit system was NEVER shut down. I NEVER missed a day of work at the hospital I worked at for 33 years because of weather.  I'd walk, subway, bus, anything to get in.  It was a hospital, there were babies, and the elderly and I had two more hands to offer. NYU Medical Center and  Coney Island Hospital and Staten Island Hospital are evacuated!!There's no internet service in Brooklyn and my last conversation with Pam reported rain, rain, and rain.   Josh has not made contact since this a.m. from D.C. so I called and he reports heavy rain, wobbly windows and 40mph wind...not as bad as what's expected in NY.   I'm looking forward to Monday. 

I'd love to think this is media hoopla.  I hope it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment