Sunday, June 5, 2011

WHAT I WORE/SOMETHING FOR EVERY ROLE

On April 24th I broke my promise to not write critical nasty posts and spoke disgustedly about a Park Slope Mom who spoke about her clothing as though each piece was a candidate for an award.  You know...THE BEST DRESSED MOM IN PARK SLOPE award even though I have an important job, an incredible marriage, on and on.

And today in the same column is a 79yo costume designer, Ann Roth who discusses what she's wearing with intelligence, personal history and creativity.  We don't hear labels we hear about her travels, her interests and how the clothing represents who she is and how she feels about things.  She reminds me of a quintessential Austinite.  Finally the NYT got it right!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes they can do that, Addie, though there are a lot of Park Slope Moms, too.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete