Wednesday, June 22, 2011

RAIN and the Barton Square Mall

It rained last night for 5 hours.  We got 1 and 3/4" and my garden called to me at 1a.m. to tell me they were dancin' in the streets.  Rain is a blessing when there's been a drought for 2 months.  Austin stays green in droughts...we've all learned what to plant and the trees are used to being thirsty.

Brooklynites don't shop in malls.  We shop in local neighborhoods or Manhattan with coupons. But when your daughter comes home from China and needs underwear and so do you, you don't go vintage you go to a mall and while you buy your underwear at Macy's she goes to the Gap on sale and SEARS!!?????  She's a hard one to pay money for clothes.  I guess Abe and I are blessed.  Meanwhile her mother shopped til she dropped: underwear, shoes and lipstick at Sephora's.  I'm going to NYC in July...gotta look good!

1 comment:

  1. You always look beautiful but after a not so bad day at Woodbury Commons today, I can see the advantage of a mall-one a year!

    Your Pammy

    ReplyDelete