Sunday, April 24, 2011

WHAT I WORE......AND HEELS OF COURSE (NYT April 24)

I have made a promise to not write anything negative about the arts or culture in this blog and here is my first broken promise.  Abe and I get the NYT on Sunday delivered.  A luxury we never had in NYC.  I always like reading the SUNDAY STYLES section as it keeps me abreast of social stuff (out of my league) and fun photos of NYC street fashion by Bill Cunningham...an 80+yo photographer.  I also love MODERN LOVE, a column that speaks to it's title.

More recently there has been a fashion column highlighting someone from the cultural scene's daily wardrobe.  The someone is more famous than you and I and they usually don't raise my ire.   Except today.  A Park Slope mother of 2 kids, 8 and 6y.o., the editor of GLAMOUR, writes with explicit detail everything she has worn and the designer's label in the last week...to meetings, to bed, to pick up her kids, on vacation, blah, blah, blah.  I cannot imagine that  in this economy the NYT would think it important or stoop so low to bring us an adolescent's dream wardrobe on a working woman. 

On a happier note ....Have a good day and if Easter is your holiday have a happy holiday.  We're going to Malina's and Tony's for Serbian food.  And I'm sure the fashion label will be Austin recycled t-shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment