Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Crosby and Nash

Tonight Abe and I entered Bass Concert Hall with hundreds of Boomers, pony-tailed old time hippies, stoners and not a Republican in sight to listen to the awesome music, acoustics, and instrumentals of Crosby and Nash.  What a duo!  What a journey back to a time of social conscience, protest, dreams of a better world and my college years.  I'd seen these guys in various NY venues in my 20's and tonight  they played this Austin crowd with equally great attitude.  The audience loved them and while the concert was loud Abe enjoyed it as well!  WHEW!

Today a friend of Liz's came to our home to take new head shots for me.  He's Matt Dayton, a fellow photographer who Liz met when she lived in Pearl Street Co-Op.  What a mensch!  He did my shots, shared interesting conversation, ate a bagel and lox and was sent home with more food.  Once again being with Liz's friends and feeding them brings her into my life when she's so far away.

Tomorrow it's back to classes at UT for Abe and me.  More to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a hoot of a time-concert and picture taking, both.

    Pammy

    ReplyDelete