Monday, April 4, 2011

Live From New York/Friends

The day, gray and cloudy began with running into Joe Zarba, the Park Slope photographer working out at the gym at the 9th St Y.  What a warm guy! Ran into others who were all ears about Austin.

Had lunch with  Revathy Sundaram, a pediatric hematologist whom I have known for 30 years.  She was a pediatric resident at LICH when I was a social worker on Peds.  She has become a friend whom I just love to see when I come back to Brooklyn.  She's warm, funny, and a true humanitarian.  Always gave me free epogen for my babies whose families had no health insurance.  Like Pammy, she's a soul sister.

This evening I went out to Long Island City to Gloria's new apt and had dinner with Gloria and Mary.  Two audiologists I met 30+ years ago when I was the social worker in the Audiology Dept. at LICH.  Always good to see them!  Delicious Italian dinner and good conversation as well.

One more visit to Abe's Mom tomorrow.....  Austin, I'm heading home!

1 comment:

  1. Gray outside and warm inside-that is what it will be when you visit. (hopefully not always gray outside!)

    Enjoy Austin sun, soul sister!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete