Thursday, April 21, 2011

Center for Mexican Cultural Arts/Cine Las Americas International Festival

CLAIF is in town with lots of showings at Alamo S. Lamar.  There are just so many events I can shlep Abe to so I opted out on this.  Nevertheless while he worked I went to the Center for Mexican Cultural Arts downtown to see the EMERGENCIA YOUTH FILM COMPETITION.  I bussed it and when I got off the #10 I thought I had taken the F train by the time I got to this absolutely beautiful 2y.o. center for Mexican Cultural Arts.  It's gorgeous!!!!!  Bravo to Austin for honoring Mexican Americans in this beautiful venue.  I saw and rated 13 shorts made by young people from Austin, Seattle, NYC, San Antonio and Minnesota. Beautiful shorts...they made me laugh and cry sometimes.  One was not so good (it will go un-named).
We're home tonight.  As always Abe is so happy to have a wife who cooks and lets him stay home one night.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like it was a wonderful day, for you and Abey, too.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete