Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oak Pollen

What's with this stuff?  It's all over everything!  I'm not complaining...no jackets, no socks, weather in the 80's, no subway delays, no chills and gray damp atmosphere.

After Golds, and HEB, and crickets for Maynard (he's our fat tailed gecko) I tried to rid our front yard and terrace of oak pollen...what a hoot!  It comes right back.

Abe had a party at Serrano's from his social work supervision crowd.  He soloed that.

A nice  part of coming back to Austin was catching up with some friends I've made since moving here.  That makes me happy because in truth I've left my old time buddies back in the Big Apple and was worried about that. 

Life's not perfect and I live far away from my kids and friends.  Yet, I'm in this great new city that I love so much  and thank-you to my new friends for making me laugh and not feel lonely!  And thank-you to the young guy at Gold's Gym who held the door twice and twice told me to have a great day.  You reminded me of why I love this town!

No comments:

Post a Comment