Monday, April 11, 2011

Mc Cormick and Shmicks and Ria

Months ago Abe and I went to the Blanton B Scene on a Friday night and were surrounded by a mass of people gobbling food and talking and listening to music.  It was a members only function and as usual I stood against the wall watching people eating while I drank a glass of wine.  I found myself standing next to a pretty woman with beautiful curly hair and commented on her hair.  When she told me she had to tell her mother I was absolutely confused...then I saw her...Ria's adorable mother Amandine..here from Belgium..also standing against the wall.  After Abe commiserated with Ria about the vultures at the tables we have since become friends.  And so tonight after too long (Ria was in Belgium for a month) she and I did Happy Hour at Mc Cormick and Shmicks and talked and laughed and talked some more.  One feels a sense of well being when you make a friend like that.  A shout out to Ria! Another reason why I love Austin.

I auditioned on Friday night for the role of mother in THE FIRST FIREWORKS.  A beautiful British play to be filmed by a UT student.  And I have been cast.  Ooooh, this is nice.  And tomorrow Liz's friend Matt will come here to do some new head shots.  How could I not love Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment