Sunday, February 27, 2011

Marvelous Malina and August:Osage County

The sun finally came out at 2PM today and so we headed off for our shoot of August:Osage County.  What can I say about a young student director who is intelligent, centered, creative, helpful beyond her years?  I have learned so much from Malina.  Her crew of Diego, Garrett, and Hugo were delightful and it was my pleasure to bring them all home baked cookies. Her dear friend Tony joined us and gave great feedback.  (Translation:  he told me he really enjoyed watching our work). 

We set up at one location which was too traffic noisy so we moved and then were in the midst of good work when a pick-up drove up and told us we had to leave. Very seriously...I looked for his shotgun.  Seems we were on land owned by a corporation worth billions (what else is new?) We finished the shoot and just as we were packing up  he returned.  Made Malina nervous.  Finally he went away.

A shout out today to my teachers at the State School.  Had you not taught me what I've learned (hopefully) about relaxation, focus, and personalization, I would have been at a loss to work with my partner.  I thank-you all.

Today I told Abe that Social Work really nailed it for me for 36 years.  In Austin it seems I've found my happiness through studying acting and helping a student.  Austin, you shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment