Tuesday, March 1, 2011

FRAILTY/The Great Outdoors

Late show of FRAILTY at the Alamo with a Q&A with Bill Paxton, the director/star.  Good psychological thriller , lots of energetic questions from a sophisticated audience.  I'm always amazed by the knowledge base of film audiences in Austin.

Serious gardening today with stops at the Great Outdoors and Home Depot.  When we first moved to Austin The Great Outdoors was a real friendly place to begin gardening.  I had a million questions and the staff were really helpful.  Staff were  interested in my Yiddishisms as well (which I used so freely in NY).  They began to ask for a new word each week and I would quiz them each time I paid a visit.    It was a really nice transition for me. 

Another reason why I love this town.  Gorgeous weather today is factored in as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment