Thursday, February 24, 2011

ROOSTER COGBURN at the Paramount

Tonight we saw John Wayne and Katherine Hepburn in the sequel to True Grit.  What a duo! Both Abe and I liked this better than True Grit and maybe it's our age but we both preferred Eula to Mattie! Shot in Oregon this film is gorgeous! We saw it at the beautiful Paramount, a classical revival theater built in l9l5. It reminds me of the Loew's Paradise on the Grand Concourse in the Bronx.

Once again a rehearsal today for August:Osage County with the wonderful Malina directing.  Tomorrow we rehearse on location and Saturday we shoot with a crew of 5, all of her classmates.

After the rehearsal I picked up our film passes for SXSW at Waterloo where I also picked up two Bob Dylan CDs.  I can never leave Waterloo without some old time music.  I just love that place!

No comments:

Post a Comment