Friday, February 25, 2011

Gigglepants at UT

Tonight Abe and I opened a door to the CMA Auditorium (Communications Bldg) and were absolutely blasted by the energy of an auditorium filled with undergrads.  Bouncing in their seats, talking, singing along with piped in music and waiting for the Improv troupe Gigglepants to begin their work.  OMG we were not disappointed. What fun! Malina (UT directing student) is in this troupe and we are so happy she invited us!  What a find!

Today we shot on location 15 miles from Austin, recreating the Plains.  3 young men from Malina's directing class were the crew.  Motts,(I'm sure I spelled that wrong)  from Norway, chose UT Film school over  NYU and USC because of its fine reputation.  This crew worked collaboratively and cheerfully and were a pleasure to be with.  Once again I learned more from this rehearsal than in any Film class I have taken thus far. Everyone answered my questions patiently.

The morning as always began at Gold's Gym in good company with Abe and Judith on bicycles.  Before that I listened to FREEWHEELIN' Bob Dylan.    A fine day I must say!

No comments:

Post a Comment