Saturday, February 12, 2011

Acting Rehearsal and The Short Live Oscar Nominations

My day always starts at Gold's Gym on Ben White Blvd.  A great gym filled with diverse people.  I then rehearsed a scene from "August: Osage County" outside our home with a UT directing student and my acting partner for this scene, a quintessential Texan with a ponytail and handlebar mustache.  I study acting at The State School on Congress Ave and get my casting calls from AFC (Austin Film Casting) and Austin Actors.  While it's a great deal of fun I find acting not an easy pursuit.  Another way of learning about myself and the human condition. Afterwords Abe and I went to the Alamo Ritz to see the Oscar nominated shorts.  Abe liked them all.  I liked some.  I found the shorts at SxSW  and Austin Film Festival much more interesting and captivating.  The USA short smacked of Tisch and I guessed the star was the writer/director.  Who else would have cast him?  More to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment