Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hong Kong Fashion/UT OLLI

My day began with checking out the coolest and edgiest and most creative fashion coming out of the HK Design Institute on line.  Check out   Hong Kong Fashion Photo Blog  hkdifashion.blogspot.com    for this fun blog.  (Truth is I'm the proud mama of the photographer).

We then moved on to UT for classes.  Conversations in Contemporary Art brought us Rachel Adams from Art House on Congress Ave.  We love that institution of non-collectors current Art.  A great conversation with Laurence and classmates about the architect for the renovation coming out of NY rather than Austin.  I really enjoyed the controversy.  This afternoon was the lecture by Adm Bobby Inman on Challenges and Opportunities in a Turbulent World.  What can I say?  World events can leave you sad and scared!

We came home to major leaf gathering...when will it end?  Nevertheless, I love this town with its leaves and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment