Monday, February 14, 2011

Mi Casa/Jim/Copper Instincts/Retail in Austin

I began visiting Mi Casa on S.Congress 6 years ago when I would come down to visit Liz at UT before she would take off on her globe trotting.  I fell in love with a recycled/hand-hammered copper and iron and reclaimed barn wood sideboard/console made by COPPER INSTINCTS.  I began to feel like I would one day live here so I told Jim, the proprietor I would be back.  And I would buy that piece...but only at 30% discount.  So he wrote on his card the deal.  And 2 years later it was the first thing we bought in April 2009 only days after moving here in the pouring rain.  And Jim delivered it physically and literally at 30% discount.  Today he delivered the cabinet that goes with the piece.  We've watched it for 22 months, couldn't afford it and told him so.  And today, Valentine's day, the sun is shining and Jim delivered it at a cost of 1/3 his original price.  Another reason why I love Austin.  And Abe of course!

1 comment: