Sunday, July 22, 2012

THE FLAME

After a long afternoon on the set of SACRIFICE (there's lots of waiting around on shoots) we headed up to SKYCANDY to see an aerial and theater performance directed by Andy Agne with music composed by Chris Humphrey.  I met Chris when I was an extra on ALL THAT REMAINS and she was a lead actor.  I had the good fortune of being cast next to her on a couch with the instruction to be consoling to her at her time of grief.  What an interesting conversation ensued and since that time I've learned all that she does here in Austin as an actor and a musician.

 Last night's performance of THE FLAME was wonderful and unusual.  The Olympics can be very boring for me but these artists performing aerial and acrobatic tasks on hoops were amazing!  The music and singers added so much to the feeling tone as well.  The piece about the slaughter at the 1972 Munich Olympics was particularly heartfelt for me and Abe.  The music that accompanied "Grecian Homecoming" had me dancin' in my seat.  This is a solid evening of entertainment.  Thank-you Chris for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment