Sunday, July 15, 2012

LIVE FROM NEW YORK/ A Premie Grows Up

It's hot, the subways are hot and steamy, it's storming and life goes on NYC style.  Checked out Bloomingdales (did I ever pay that much for clothing?), walked a mile to CANDLE 79 at 79th and Lexington where I met Lenny (my oldest friend from college) for vegan lunch, walked some more with her  to Starbuck's, talked our heads off, walked to the Jewish Museum for the Vuillard exhibit (eh), walked to the West Side through Central Park to meet Abe and his sister at NONA'S for dinner.  Walked about 5 miles through city streets filled with stores, more stores and people of all persuasions.  The Upper East Side was dead as a door nail, those folks hit the Hamptons.  Yesterday I ran into a former client walking  in Prospect Park.  A 4 y.o. who weighed 1 lb 11 ozs at birth and needed human growth hormone added to her mother's milk at $2K a month upon duscharge.  Mama remembered me, remembered I got insurance and medicaid to pay so this baby could go home.  And there she was, a tall 4y.o. perfectly developed, wearing eye glasses and so happy when her mama told her who I was.  She thanked me when we said good-bye  for "getting her milk."  Could anything beat that?  NAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment