Monday, July 16, 2012

It's a Pedestrian City/ Live From New York

Spent the morning at Naidre's on 7th Ave and watched everyone walk by, on their way to work, the subway, bringing kids to the camp bus.  No one looks at each other, everyone looks focused and caught up in their own worlds.  That's the difference.  No one has time to acknowledge the other people in their eyesight or path.  You wouldn't get anything done or where you have to be.  Walked Prospect Park with Abe, ate bagels at Bagel World and once again on the F train to Regal Heights for a visit with Abe's Mom.  She wants my shoes, loves my dress and is surprised to learn they come from Texas.  She asks us if we're married and we remind her Wednesday it will be 30 years!  Her caretaker Lucie is with us and she hugs me tightly and thanks me for all I've done...is she kidding?  We thank her regularly for all SHE does!  Dinner with Stuart and Lenny at GIOVANNI'S where we celebrate 30 years of marriage and a friendship of 46 years.  My friend Lenny tells me I've calmed down and used to be a 17y.o. firebrand.  I like that.  Talk to Reed and Liz and learn the rain did not come inside the house and all is well.  Leavin' on a jet plane tomorrow night, I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment