Wednesday, July 4, 2012

TED

I had never heard of Seth Mc Farlane or FAMILY GUY before reading  a piece about him in THE NEW YORKER.  So I looked forward to seeing his full length feature film that was not animation because he sounded like he knew how to write funny lines.  He did not disappoint.  Abe and I laughed our heads off at the Westgate while line after line between TED and Mark Wahlberg flew off the page.  Mc Farlane knows how to write. He's politically, sexually, culturally, racially incorrect and it works!  The story line is not worth much but the comedy delivered in dialogue is well worth it. Oh yes, go see this film.  Laugh your heads off.  It's a great break from reality.

It's the 4th of July.  What can I say?  Happy BD America and I hope Austinites think of their neighbors before shooting off fireworks in this drought ridden city.

1 comment:

  1. It is one hour before fireworks and Ira and I are sitting down to watch, "Man on the Ledge."

    I do not look forward to the explosion, but do look forward to the movie, "Ted", which sounds very funny!. We had our own barbecue of chicken sausage and corn.

    ReplyDelete