Friday, July 20, 2012

Seeing A Film In This Country

I was about to write a post about THE THIRD MAN which we saw last night at a packed to the gills  PARAMOUNT  theater.  But I was stopped dead in my tracks by the news about last night's events in a suburb of Denver, only 25 miles from Columbine.  I'm shocked and outraged and walking in every parent's shoes who may have lost a loved child. I can't imagine being made fearful of  going to see a film, the way I and so many others have  learned about the world when we were growing up in our own enclaves.  A form of entertainment that is safe, can be culturally and globally enhancing as well as being entertaining.  I did not grow up around guns and continue to be very uncomfortable with the gun talk that is so easily had here.  We need to continue to make guns a very real issue in this very disturbed and violent world.  I am happy to say I have not raised kids who think guns are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment