Saturday, November 12, 2011

E.A.S.T. and Liz is Eastward Bound

We began our first journey through E.A.S.T with a stop at Pine Street Station where we saw Liz and her photos and many more talented artists in the space managed by Reji Thomas.  I just love this crawl through artists' studios.  We visited a number of galleries and homes and I cannot say enough about Austin talent and Austin viewers.

Our Liz is bound to East Austin  12/1.  And I am happy for her.  She'll share a house with 3 other women and chickens.  The East is where she should be.  So creative, unpretentious, filled with artistic people, hard working, diverse.  Just like we raised her in Brooklyn. 

Today I met a jewelry maker at E.A.S.T who told me I did a good job when I said I was Liz's mama.  What could be better than that ever?????

1 comment:

  1. That is the best. And moving into their own homes is good, too; it is great!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete