Thursday, November 3, 2011

Abe's BD Blues

AHHHHH!  It's Abe's birthday today and he absolutely dislikes celebrating his bd and being reminded he's a year older.  So me?  I do everything in my power to make this a better day for him.  I found a watch at the Blanton designed by an architect who built modern glass buildings in Park Slope (fusion of Abe's worlds).  Ran to Central Market really early to get cut flowers (he loves fresh flowers in the house); bought all of his favorite foods to cook (shrimp with broccoli, sesame chicken, guacamole from scratch), baked him a fudge cake, Liz will join us for dinner as will Reed (that's a surprise), agreed to call his Mom this afternoon because he won't be able to as  he's at work.  He did play tennis this a.m. which he loves.   I am committed to letting him know he is the very best partner (even when he drives me crazy) and cutest medicare eligible and card carrying holder that I could have ever hooked up with.  Happy Birthday Abey!
Post Script:  A huge success.  Abe was happy to have Reed join us and liked the surprise.  Liz made a hysterical card of Abe in different types of hair.  Everyone complimented the food and Liz said it was a fun night.  Most important was that Abe enjoyed the evening..

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

    You are a magician, Addie. You can do anything.Abe, too, is very lucky, which I know he knows.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete