Monday, September 5, 2011

REQUIEM FOR A DREAM

This evening I headed up to campus to rehearse a scene from this magnificent film.  The red dress scene where Sarah tries to convince her son that she will be on television wearing the red dress she wore to his H.S. graduation.  The director is Jamaal Felix and I act the scene with Alex ( ?).   I met these two young men when I worked on a film for a UT Directing student last semester.    Jamaal contacted me after seeing REQUIEM and asked me if I would work with him on it for his Directing For Film  class.  It is my pleasure.  Jamaal is intelligent, analytical, humble,  and communicates like a soft spoken gentleman.  His directions are well thought out and he is open to interpretation.  Alex is a good partner in this scene.  The work is intense, the scene  is deeply emotional and moving.  The subject is loneliness and what Sarah does to fill the hole.

The day was spent at Town Lake where I play with other peoples' dogs and Abe reads.  A life that Sarah could only dream of.  Night y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment