Tuesday, September 27, 2011

KUT Fall Membership Drive

I volunteered to work the phones this morning up at Communications B where KUT broadcasts from.  Who greets me at the door but my good acting buddy Rudi Lee?  Boy was I lucky!  She taught me the ropes,  helped me with  an interrupted call,  sat next to me  sharing stories, laughs and making me feel so welcome.  The time flew by, and  my favorite announcers walked through, John Aielli, Jay Trachtenburg, thanking us.  Rudi introduced me to her adorable son, Michael, a producer and KUT cartoon designer, pointed out the director, and advised me that lunch would be amazing!  She did not lie.  I had an empanada that tasted like a potato knish with a salad.  Breakfast, snacks, coffee, drinks were all donated by local food vendors.  DELICIOUS!  I walked off the empanada when I left (I hope) walking down to 5th St and Congress where I caught the #5 bus.  It was hot and the rains came after I walked in the house.  We reached our goal of $13K this morning which made me real happy.  In this group of volunteers there were 3 other Brooklynites!!  This was so much fun and productive, I signed up for another session next Tuesday.

Tonight is AFS and of course Abe wouldn't miss this one.  THE KILLER,a  John Woo film.

No comments:

Post a Comment