Wednesday, September 14, 2011

REQUIEM FOR A DREAM at UT/AN AMERICAN MISSION

Tonight Jamaal got to present his directed scene in Andrew Shea's directing class at UT.  This is an emotionally driven scene and I am so appreciative that Jamaal cast me as Sarah.  I thoroughly enjoyed his direction and working with him in rehearsals.  And tonight when the professor asked him to give us another direction to make the relationship more intimate , instead of listening to what was suggested he turned to me and Alex and asked what could we improvise.  What felt real for us.  Prof Shea thanked us for our work.  I thank the students for giving me an opportunity to act.

After this class I headed off to James Pinedo's house where we rehearsed  AN AMERICAN MISSION.  His thesis project.  I play Mrs. Milan.  A bigot.  She's got the spice in the screenplay.  James allows me to make her even spicier.  I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment