Sunday, October 2, 2011

DRIVE and John Philip Sousa

We walked over the 1st St Bridge in this glorious weather to a park on 9th and Guadalupe to hear SOUSA ON THE SQUARE by the Brass Ensemble from the Austin Symphony.  I love marching music...it makes you move your feet and is so up-beat.  We then walked over to the Alamo Ritz to see DRIVE which has gotten rave reviews.
 WOW!!!!!  So much violence and Jewish gangsters!!!!  Intense physical acting from Ryan Gosling with little dialogue.  Michelle Williams not doing much...looking cute.  She was much much better in Blue Valentine. The story line had gaping holes and I found myself asking questions throughout:  Where did he learn his ability to brutally kill, how does she have such a nice apt on a waitress's  salary, how come her kid doesn't go to school, how come he hasn't slept with her yet...on and on.  For me this never works.  Abe said 50/50 and believe me...he loves violence in films.  You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment