Thursday, October 6, 2011

Austin Film Festival Line-Up

We've been attending this festival since we arrived here in 2009.  It was a great introduction to the film community here and with our film passes we waited on line with the friendliest Austinites who love films and are so knowledgeable.  We met directors, writers, people who just love Brooklyn and we eventually learned how to negotiate the festival.  We buy film passes for $42 and stay away from the smaller venues.  While we love the large mainstream films at the Paramount we also love the shorts.  And meeting the filmmakers at the Q and As.  I've seen many films here before they get to NY and so I send my posts back there for my friends who just love getting the feedback.

This morning I spent a couple of hours going over all of the films, making selections and finally finding the print-out which would require just a circle around the selections.   Tech savvy I am not.

And on that note an acknowledgment of Steve Job who died much too young and did indeed bring the geeky world of computers to the liberal art touchy feely artsy fartsy social work world I have inhabited for a lifetime.  May you rest in peace Mr. Job.

No comments:

Post a Comment