Thursday, October 27, 2011

Austin Film Festival Final Day #8

Tonight we headed up to the Paramount to see Nancy Savoca's UNION SQUARE, a story of 2 estranged Bronx sisters.  A shout out to Mira Sorvino who played this unbalanced emotional and labile character with extraordinary honesty and great depth of feeling.  Tammy Blanchard as her sister was well cast as was her friend, Daphne Rubin-Vega. This reminder of my Bronx roots and Union Square with it's DSW, Feline's Basement and Farmer's Market made the film even more appealing to me.  It was great hearing people talk like me and call Manhattan "downtown." 

I met Abe at Roaring Fork prior to the film.  Once again my favorite Happy Hour haunt with the greatest chicken tortilla soup!  And so we close AFF for the year.  We'll be back!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good movie to see and a good way to end a great week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete