Monday, October 17, 2011

A Day in the Life/The Moskowitz Family and Austin

I start my day at Gold's Gym, drop Abe off at  Skyline Terrace where he is  a social work consultant.  Pick Abe up and we both drive Liz to a job interview at  the Boys and Girls club up in the North.  The job is for a coordinator for after school programs for adolescents.  While she's a photographer her heart also lies in making the world a better place and her parents' social work histories have made an impression I guess.

And then we came home and gardened.  Tore up a dead tree and salvaged it's base just in case it has a last leg.  Planted indigenous grasses, lily turfs, and firecracker plants.  We cleaned up leaves and then sat on our bench drinking wine and marveling our good fortune to be in such a beautiful home and place in the worst economy imaginable  Abe never quite feels what I feel about this.  But I must admit I feel a direct relationship between   36 years helping others who no one else cares about, earning little money and now  this beautiful life in Austin.  I admit I thank God and Abe of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment