Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Cat Came Back

Haven't seen my young orange tabby friend in a couple of weeks.  He or she walked up to me while I watered the garden, talked up a storm and waited patiently while I went in to get her  (I'll call her "she") some tuna.  And water.  Really nice having this young cat come visit periodically.  She's not pregnant so maybe she's someone's cat.  Or a "he."

Yesterday was my first experience on THE LYING GAME as "background" and as always a learning experience and eye opener.  About 7 hours on an un airconditioned set in pants suits with blouses and even jewelry they provided!  I never ever wear jewelry.  Enormous amounts of crew and technology,  the cameras reminded me of STAR WARS.  Director re shot a bazillion times.  An experience I'd do again being better prepared.  Some serious characters work as "background."

This morning I received a message from an RTF student asking if I'd be in a short exercise film she was making for an Advanced Narrative class.  Now that made my day begin with a smile.  Of course.  So much more creative I think than yesterday's TV work.  And what's so interesting is TV roles are the only ones who have ever paid me.  But helping to make  films has broadened my life's experience and taught me so much.

1 comment:

  1. You are always getting educated, Addie. And that is a good thing!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete