Saturday, September 8, 2012

Liz Turns 25

What can I say?  I remember distinctly being checked into Beth Israel Hospital (Manhattan) on Labor Day (no pun intended) for a scheduled c-section the next day.  A 2 y.o. Josh in a yellow raincoat and Abe accompanied me and then left. I'd never been a night away from Josh before and was tearful.  I read THE GOOD MOTHER from cover to cover, didn't sleep a wink and was up and ready for Dr. Berk at 6 a.m.  Abe arrived.  A resident performed the surgery being instructed by Dr. Berk. I liked her.  When Dr. Berk announced "you have a daughter" my first thoughts were, "this is for my grandma Bess," and though she'd left us  a number of years before, we were able to reclaim her loveliness by naming our very lovely daughter "Elizabeth."  Happy Birthday Liz. 

1 comment: