Friday, June 29, 2012

SACRIFICE/Director:Katie Young

I've been cast in an independent film directed by a young filmmaker, Katie Young.  Spent the day with a fine group of actors who drove in from all over Texas to work collaboratively and help make this film. I have a major role in this film, there were many retakes of scenes,  and throughout I was very aware of how much I have learned from my acting coaches.  In addition,  all of the experiences I've been fortunate  to have had working on student films  has really brought me a comfort level with the process and an openness to learn more.  Back on Sunday for more filming on the set.  Happy to have been given this opportunity to work with this young filmmaker.

Met Abe at The STATE to see OUT OF AFRICA.  (First a great Happy Hour at Roaring Fork).  Abe loved this film.  I described it as Ralph Lauren comes to Africa.  Meryl is the superb Meryl and is so believable as this Danish trail blazer.  And Robert Redford is the same Robert Redford leading man as always (cute but boring) no matter what role.  I never do well with National Geographic views of Africa as the background for the stories told of white European owned plantations.  Never trust the polished version presented.    But Meryl as always is a wonder to behold.   LONG day!

No comments:

Post a Comment