Sunday, June 17, 2012

GRAND ILLUSION at the Paramount

When a film is introduced as one of the greatest films EVER made and one of the best anti-war films to be seen I am pumped.  It's hot, it's Father's Day and the Paramount is an oasis we both love.  And yes, this film is gorgeous!  To see German and French officers treating each other with regard due to rank and personal shared history, to see the desire to escape over and over again, to see love, loyalty and human emotion against the background of WWI is inspiration.  This French film made in 1937, written and directed by Jean Renoir, celebrates it's 75th Anniversary and has been restored and re-released.  We should be so grateful for these films, they are like no others.

Tonight I pack for 5 days away in Boulder where Pam and I unite, laugh, hug, have fun and kick up our heels.  The weather?  95 degrees!  What a hoot!

1 comment:

  1. I saw this years ago and loved it. Yes, I will get Ira to see it.

    And I can't wait to see you tomorrow; can't keep a good woman down-heat and all!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete