Monday, June 4, 2012

Austin Film Meet

Spent the evening at Stompin'Grounds where a group of diverse film people come together to network.  We take a mic for 90 seconds and introduce ourselves.  Everyone is interested in the filmmaking process.  Writers, tech, crew, promoters, directors, producers and actors.  Everyone pitches their project, their desires, hopes and dreams.  I'm usually 30-40 years older than everyone in the room. This is my 3rd time introducing myself as a native New Yorker, social worker, Jewish mother, acting student for 3 years now, lover of film, lover of acting in films for students and indie filmmakers. And am always so well received.  Left my resume and headshot with someone who requested.  Best of all was learning why I wasn't cast as the zany alcoholic sexually  obsessed grandmother.  It's because I'm blonde!  And everyone cast in the family is brunette.  So much better than hearing "because you sucked"  or "I decided to go in a different direction."

Abe tells me I can catch an episode of MAD MEN later.  Addie, stay awake!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment