Friday, March 9, 2012

We Can See For Miles and Miles/Live From New York

This morning was bicycling and yoga at the 9th Street Y with Pammy where I ran into the celebrated Joe Zarba, Park Slope's favorite photographer who has photographed everyone's important events.  Then Abe and I hooked up for lunch (he at his beloved Smilin' Pizza and me bringing in a bagel from Bagel Delight).  Abe chatted it up with the owner's son and then we headed on the F train to Weegee's exhibit MURDER IS MY BUSINESS at International Center for Photography on 43rd and 6th.  I had taken my kids to see this exhibit years ago on New Year's Eve.  Awesome photographs of murders, Coney Island, and accidents in NYC taken by the famous Weegee in the 30's and 40's.  Then we walked over to HighLine at the northern end on 31st and 10th Avenue and walked down to 13th Street where we hooked up with Abe's sister at Bill's Burger and Bar (highly recommended). The HighLine is a salvaged railway line that has been converted into a walkway with benches, plants, retained tracks and salvaged wood benches. Abe and I shared a chaise lounge bench where we could see for miles and miles across the harbor and watch the sun set.  Good thing Pam gave me a hooded down coat and gloves it was freezing.  But I kept warm and was happy to share this moment when HighLine wasn't crowded with pedestrians.  Back into the rythym of my hometown.  Won't dare to look at SXSW film offerings.  Can't have it all.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much you did in one day, how energetic you are, even when you are cold.

    Your Pammy

    ReplyDelete