Sunday, January 1, 2012

SHERLOCK HOLMES Second Time Around

Abe loved the action, special effects, humor.  I sat their holding my head up on one palm thinking "oy vey when will this be over?"  Marc Savlov in the CHRONICLE calls this a "revisionist Holmes explodathon" and while I could never think up a term like that it  describes it perfectly.  What really bothered me was that all of the actors always looked so shmutzy (translation:dirty).  I would pass on this but if you like films like Abe does then go see it and have a fun time!

We ate at El Alma on Barton Springs and it was delicious with Happy Hour prices.  Now that's a good way to begin the New Year.  May 2012 bring everyone peace, prosperity, kindness and a world that rewards human kindness.  And not just because it looks good on your resume.

1 comment:

  1. Was not on my A list, especially with all the movies out there. But I love your New Year's wish-not on my resume, either.

    ReplyDelete