Friday, January 6, 2012

TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY at the Violet Crown

We both loved this beautifully shot slow paced spy thriller.   It's nothing like any of the action packed modern spy movies of today.  More like a 1950's story of intrigue and story telling than a shoot em up terrorist flick. Abe thought it moved along like a novel.  Gary Oldman is brilliant.  These are actors who demonstrate their skill and craft at the highest artistic level. I recommend this film highly.

This morning I auditioned up at the Chancellor's House (actually pool house) for a Yale student's  film. Good screenplay, fun audition, UT Chancellor has a very elegant house.  The neighborhood reminded me of Scarsdale, NY (a wealthy suburb).  And then I came 5 miles back down south to our edgy diverse hood.  Like living in Brooklyn.

Came home to no water.  Called neighbors, everyone has water.  Called Emergency Water Services and they'll be here within 2 hours.  It's a Friday night!  Way to go Austin!

1 comment:

  1. I love that-the hood like Brooklyn.

    So funny, I thought I did not want to read a John LeCarre film from a book, since I never liked his books-so, so dry. It sounds like the film might have been way better!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete