Saturday, December 31, 2011

TWO TAKES ON ONE SPACE

Today we headed out to Laguna Gloria (our first visit) in this glorious weather and saw two wonderful exhibit/installations.....one from a New York artist and the other from Steve Wyman, the owner of UNCOMMON OBJECTS on S. Congress.  Talk about a melding of our two worlds.  Lauren Fensterstock's installations of black cut paper and lucite are gorgeous!  And Steve Wyman's installations of found objects and collages of same remind me of why I fell in love with Austin.  When I first visited Lizzie here she took me to his shop.  And I took photos of her typing on an old typewriter, sitting on an old settee, surrounding herself with uncommon objects and I fell in love!  Then we went to Mayfield Park to see the peacocks and ran into Liz's friends Claire and Marcie.  Nothing more makes you feel like a part of a community than when you run into people who know you.    And are happy to see you and thank-you for the latke party.  And for this lost transplant at this time of year I am thankful for that. 

The lasagne is in the oven.  We had drinks at the Driskill.  And to all of my friends Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment